Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Keeping Hot Drinks Hot and Cold Drinks Cold...

An interesting little bit of kit I've found. The British Army calls this a Thermal Insulated Mug. 



It holds 330ml of food or beverage and fits neatly into the standard British magazine pouch, giving civilian use for an specifically military pouch. It was introduced into service in December 2005 and weighs 0.26kg. It will keep contents hot for up to 8 hours and cold for 18 hours and has a secure "leak proof" screw top lid with a lid compartment for sugar, coffee, tea bags, etc.

I had a chance to take this out during a very cold and rainy afternoon filled with hot tea. I had two of these with me and they did the trick providing me with the hot beverage I needed to cope with the miserable weather that day.

They are about the size of a can of coke or a bottle of water, so they take up very little room and can fit just about anywhere. The wide mouth makes drinking easy and would also make it easy for soup or any other hot food you might want to carry in them.

I found these on eBay.co.uk through the seller elecTech Stores. They offered great service.
Highly recommended!

All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment