Wednesday, November 11, 2015

The Perfect Little Multi-Tool...

It might sound silly to some, but until this year, I've never owned a multi-tool. Until now I've always relied on a pocket knife. In making emergency preparedness plans and even looking at camping / bushcrafting, I realized I needed to find a quality multi-tool. After some research, I've selected the Gerber Crucial, which was issued to the British Army in Afghanistan.


Like my previous blog on the Gerber Onyx 50 flashlight, Gerber was unable to provide me with information as to when this multi-tool was introduced, but the good news is that this multi-tool is still available.

One of the guiding features I needed was a knife blade under 2 1/2 inches, which is the requirement for entrance into US Federal Government Buildings.

Open the multi-tool has an overall length of 5.5" and closed it is a mere 3.6", weighing only 5 ounces. In addition to the knife, it features pliers with v-cut wire cutters, as well as a philips head and standard screw driver. It also features a belt clip and carabiner to secure to your clothing or gear. Mine also came with a durable nylon knife case with can fit to your belt or even Molle gear.

I wish I could say more about this or give more specifics, but Gerber or their website was unable to provide more information. Luckily this multi-tool speaks for itself. I love mine and would recommend it to others. Mine is in gray, but they also sell them in black, green, blue.

All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment